Saturday, June 20, 2009

And the Countdown Begins...



The 1 year countdown begins! This was waiting by my door when I got home yesterday. I absolutely love them! These are the colors we are thinking of using in our wedding (he scored major points for that). We have made progress on a few things so far. 
1) We took our engagement pictures before we left. I will post them on here when they come.
2) We booked the ceremony site--Smith Family Chapel. We are really excited about this. It is absolutely gorgeous, and it's where Andrew and Michelle got married. So, that makes it more special :)
3) Reception- Lakeway Resort and Spa

We are currently working on getting a videographer and photographer. We really like Joe Simon for video and Christina Carroll for photo. 

http://www.christinacarrollphotography.com/blog/ 
http://www.joesimonproductions.blogspot.com/

I wish I had more time to plan some things, but it is pretty busy around here! 

Things at the Institute are going well. I just took my first test to wrap up the worldview class. We are starting a new class on Monday with Del Tackett. (http://www.thetruthproject.org/). I think he will be taking us through a good portion of the Truth Project. We are all really excited about that! The marriage and family class will start after the 4th of July. We are constantly reading and building community through family dinners, swing dance lessons (tonight), game nights, picnics, hikes, rafting and coffee/tea dates. 

On Wednesday, a small group of us went to a bible study called Wild Branches. In short, Jeff is teaching us how to look at Scripture with an eastern/Jewish mindset, asking us what Jesus' words and actions would have meant to the Jews and Gentiles of His time. Each number, name, and geographical location has such a deeper meaning than I thought it did. I know that the study will help me to analyze small details that I am used to skimming over. I have been missing out on SO much.



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear more about the Jewish customs Bible study. It sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! So excited to hear more about wedding plans. Smith Chapel is amazing and it sounds like the reception site will be awesome as well. I love reading your blog and hearing about what you are learning. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete