Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Seriously, this dude is brilliant. But Lewis is frustrating me today! I am reading the Abolition of Man right now for my Cultural Issues in Christian Perspectives class. I think I get it, but I'm not really sure... story of my life. I tend to half-way learn things and then fail miserably at trying to explain what the heck I thought I knew. Which shows that I didn't really learn it in the first place. 

Today was my first day of class. I couldn't stop thinking: "wow, I really need to be here. I am so glad I am sitting here right now" It seems too good to be true that God would give me such an opportunity to learn why what I believe is really true. Today (our first day of class) we talked about worldview, starting with the question: "Why did you get up this morning?" (so profound! But is seriously worldview question). Someone said: "to come to class." Well why come to class? Because you told us to come. Why do you care what I think? Because I paid money to have you teach me. Why do you want me to teach you? Uhhhh....  ...Annoying questions, but it really helped me to realize that I do a lot of things in my life simply because someone expects me to do them. 
I really want to be able to engage the culture and confidently defend God's design for family and social order. I guess I just don't know how right now. I don't really know why a lot of my beliefs are true. This is a great thing to realize... and the perfect time to realize it since that is what this summer is all about. 


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. There are so many times when I am trying to tell people about the Lord and I don't know what to say. I'm so pumped for this summer baby!!

    ReplyDelete